UEE40420 Certificate IV in Electrical – Instrumentation Higher Level Skills Funded QLD
UEE40420 Certificate IV in Electrical – Instrumentation is a qualification completed by fully qualified Electricians to give them the Instrumentation knowledge, experience and skills to select, install, commission, fault find and maintain equipment and systems for the control of plant, machines and processes.
To be eligible to undertake the course with funding you must currently hold an Australian Unrestricted Electrical Licence and/or completed UEE30820 Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician (or an equivalent).
Job roles associated with this course relate to instrumentation, manufacturing and process control. Possible job titles and roles relevant to this qualification include Instrument Fitter, Instrument Technician, Plant Instrument Technician, E&I Technician, I&E Technician, Instrument Technician, Plant Operator, Process Technician & Maintenance Technician.
This course consists of two stages;
The first stage is completed externally through our online learning system which is completely flexible and self-paced and equates to approximately 70 hrs of online learning.
NOTE: This will vary with experience and capabilities of different students.
The second stage of the assessment is a two week intensive practical assessment which can be done on a flexible training timetable where the practicals are completed as follows
- Week 1 Practicals.
- Week 2 Practicals.
To download the course flyer, click here.
When you go to the trainng calendar on our website and select enrol, you will receive an application form by return email to complete and return via our portal to allow our Training Team to review you eligiblity.
What is the Higher Level Skills program?
The Higher Level Skills program aims to assist individuals to gain the higher-level skills required to secure employment or career advancement in a priority industry, or to transition to university to further their studies.
If you are a Queensland resident with an Unrestricted Electrical Licence and hold your UEE30820 Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician (or an equivalent) Qualification, you may be eligible to receive Government Funding Assistance to complete this course. Eligible students under the Skills Assure Higher Level Skills Program will need to pay a student contribution fee as shown in the cost tab.
Are you eligible to participate? You must:
- be a Queensland resident
- be aged 15 years or over, and no longer at school
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident (including humanitarian entrants), or a temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency; and
- not hold a Certificate IV qualification funded through the Higher Level Skills Program before.
Eligibility for Concessional Students is/has:
- a holder of a Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card or is the partner or a dependant of a person who holds a Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card and is named on the card.
- able to provide us with an official form under Commonwealth law confirming that the student, their partner, or the person of whom the student is a dependant, is entitled to concessions under a Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- a disability
- an adult prisoner
View All Course Dates
Incorporate technological proficiency to your workplace development.
Apply higher-level order thinking skills to promote workplace initiative and resolution.
Accurately follow the workplace protocol of complex processes.
Benefit from the close and detailed guidance of our trainers in person.