Certificate II in Split Air-conditioning and Heat Pump Systems
Upon completion of this course you will be able to quote, install and design reverse cycle air conditioning units. This course teaches you to assemble and position, start up single-head split air-conditioning units and systems to a prescribed routine. This includes wall hung, floor and ceiling suspended, cassette and ducted fan coil split systems and water heating heat.
Once successfully completed, you can apply for the licence required to install and decommission single-head, split system air-conditioners, up to 18 Kilowatts. This course does not have an electrical outcome, covers installing units and interconnecting pipe work.
This is course will be delivered by online theory and a 2 day face to face practical.
Upon successful completion, students will have the skills to:
- Fabricate tubing and attach fittings for refrigeration and/or air conditioning systems.
- Assemble, install and start up split AC’s and water heating heat pump systems.
- Decommission split air conditioning and water heating heat pump systems.
- Test single head split AC’s and water heating heat pump systems and document.
- Recover refrigerants, pressure and leak test, evacuate and charge split systems.
- Follow a personal competency development plan.
- Complete and report refrigerants recovery, pressure and leak test and evacuate and charge work.
Our practical assessments include making a compound filled gland and undertaking close and detailed inspections.
Conduct visual inspections. Conduct detailed inspections of hazardous areas installations.
Maintain equipment in hazardous areas. Conduct testing of hazardous areas.
Attend to breakdowns in hazardous areas. Install explosion protected equipment & wiring systems.